Loquis: Torre Colombaia Gelsorizzo

Download Loquis!

Torre Colombaia Gelsorizzo

 

Published on:  2019-01-10 10:27:20

 

Lying in the outskirts of Acquarica del Capo, the Torre Colombaia was built in 1550 by the feudal lord Fabrizio Guarino in the particular complex now called Gelsorizzo. Of circular shape, it is divided externally into two levels, the highest of which preserves an engraving with the year of foundation and dedication to the noble family. Of square plan and articulated on three floors of height, Torre Gelsorizzo preserves at its base a pre-existing Basilian church dedicated to Saint Nicholas of Myra, the oldest religious monument of Acquarica del Capo which still preserves interesting frescoes.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp