Loquis: Palazzo Legari

Download Loquis!

Palazzo Legari

 

Published on:  2019-01-10 10:27:20

 

Crossing the historic center of Alessano, and walking among the "court" houses on Via Alessio Comneno, stands Palazzo Legari. The building was built in 1536 by the merchant Donato Legari, a native of Tricase, as evidenced by a Latin inscription on the main façade, which wanted a Renaissance-style building to be used as a meeting place for friends and acquaintances. The façade has a portal with a round arch with an elegant frame and pillars with capitals. On the ground floor there are four arched windows, while the main floor is animated by a succession of architraved windows. The crowning is made up of a slightly projecting cornice with hanging arches on corbels.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp