Loquis: Casa dei Crescenzi

Download Loquis!

Casa dei Crescenzi

  loquis

Published on:  2019-05-13 14:00:00

  Open House Roma

A rare example of an aristocratic house built between the 11th and 12th centuries, it was built, according to the inscription placed above the portal, by Nicholaus, son of Crescens and Theodora. Also known as the house of Cola di Rienzo or di Pilato, it was for a long time used as a barn and stable. Restored during the nineteenth century, since 1939 it has been home to the Center for Studies in the History of Architecture, founded by Gustavo Giovannoni. Inside there is an Archive of drawings, photographs and documents that is of considerable importance for the history of architecture and urban planning, especially of the Italian twentieth century, and a Library with volumes and magazines that belonged to Gustavo Giovannoni and to the members of the Artistic Association between the Cultori di Architettura and the Study Center.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp