Loquis: Museo Hendrik Christian Andersen

Download Loquis!

Museo Hendrik Christian Andersen

  loquis

Published on:  2019-05-13 14:52:00

  Open House Roma

The building that houses the museum was built between 1922 and 1925 by Ing. Sevenths based on a design by the same Norwegian-American artist in the typology of the "building with attached sculpture studio", just beyond the Porta del Popolo. Left as a legacy by Andersen to the Italian State in 1940, it was opened to the public as a museum in 1999. The two large halls on the ground floor - the Gallery, the reception hall where the artist showed visitors the finished works and the Studio, true and its own atelier for the conception of the works and the modeling of the forms - they welcome the monumental statues, the portrait busts and the project drawings for the "World Communication Center".

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp