Loquis: Palazzo Salviati

Download Loquis!

Palazzo Salviati

  loquis

Published on:  2019-05-13 15:04:00

  Open House Roma

Palazzo Salviati is a Renaissance building whose construction started in 1520 on the initiative of Filippo Adimari, illustrious and cultured Florentine prelate, designed by Giulio Romano. It was completed in 1568 by Nanni di Baccio Bigio on behalf of the then owner, Cardinal Giovanni Salviati. Inside the monumental staircase, a beautifully decorated sixteenth-century chapel, and the frescoed library, with episodes of the Risorgimento wars, by the painter Annibale Brugnoli. The Palace, now a national monument, took on its current configuration in 1933 with the construction of the wing that delimits the courtyard towards the park and the monumental entrance built in 1837. Since 1971 the Palace has been home to the Centro Alti Studi per la Defense . It will also be possible to visit the gardens that once housed the open-air theater of the Arcadia poets.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp