Loquis: Convento di Sant'Agostino

Download Loquis!

Convento di Sant'Agostino


Published on:  2019-05-13 15:41:00

  Open House Roma

The original structure dates back to a medieval convent built with the church of Sant'Agostino, enlarged in the seventeenth century with the reconstruction of the church, but then completely rebuilt to a design by Luigi Vanvitelli, commissioned in 1746. The works began the following year by the great architect in collaboration with Antonio Rinaldi, until in 1751 at the Vanvitelli, engaged in the construction of the Royal Palace of Caserta, Carlo Murena took over. Inside the building many works of great value, including the gigantic fresco by Gregorio Guglielmi, an 18th century Roman painter, which covers an entire wall of the Vanvitelliano Hall. The Palazzo is now the central seat of the State Attorney, the state body responsible for the legal protection of public administrations and to render legal opinions to them.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android

Live the world