Loquis: Villino Rosso di Villa Torlonia

Download Loquis!

Villino Rosso di Villa Torlonia

  loquis

Published on:  2019-05-14 08:31:00

  Open House Roma

The Villino Rosso was built between 1920 and 1922 on a project by Ing. Paolo Gianoli, commissioned by Giovanni Torlonia jr for his administrator. Despite its small size, the Villino has harmonious and particularly characteristic shapes and, articulated on three levels, is rich in Liberty style decorations. The oldest part of the Vecchi Scuderie dates back to the 19th century by Giuseppe Valadier, and was later remodeled and expanded by Giovan Battista Caretti. The building, which no longer serves as a shelter for horses since the 1920s, is partially destroyed during the Second World War. The buildings are currently home to the offices, library and historical archive of the National Academy of Sciences known as the XL which recovered and restored them between 2000 and 2006.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp