Loquis: Palazzo Vimercati Sanseverino

Download Loquis!

Palazzo Vimercati Sanseverino

  loquis

Published on:  2018-11-14 19:22:41

  Stories of art in Lombardy

The large noble palace was commissioned by Marcantonio Vimercati Sanseverino, in the area where in the fifteenth century there was a first nucleus of the building, where the parents Sermone Vimercati and Ippolita Sanseverino, daughter of a general of the Duke Galeazzo Sforza, lived. Dating back to this period, the ceiling is still preserved with painted tablets decorating a hall on the main floor. The building began at the end of the sixteenth century incorporating the pre-existing buildings and was completed in 1602 by the sons of Marcantonio, Orazio and Ottaviano.The architectural complex, of imposing wealth, affirms the great prestige of the old family, active in all fields of life Cremonese town. The elegant eighteenth-century wrought iron railing that adorns the balconies of the internal courtyard is made by the master blacksmith Alvisio Chaneval F. in 1704.In 1830 the Vimercati Sanseverino expand the property by buying the nearby church of Santo Spirito and Santa Maddalena with the adjoining cloister and the premises of the adjacent hospital. The building currently houses the Reduced Company, the Bridge Company and some offices and apartments.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp