Loquis: Villa Mina della Scala

Download Loquis!

Villa Mina della Scala

  loquis

Published on:  2018-11-14 19:22:41

  Stories of art in Lombardy

The main building phases of the villa are shown in the tombstones walled in the structure that was built in 1596 on the initiative of Count Ludovico Schizzi of Cremona in order to welcome his family during the summer holidays. Following a brutal war attack that seriously damages the construction, it is rebuilt starting from 6 July 1657 by the nephew of the feudal lords, and it comes to an end in 1735 assuming the forms that we see today. The linear and compact structure squeezed between square corner towers recalls that of a fortified residence. A castle setting adopted perhaps in memory of a pre-existing fortress in that location, or to protect it from war destruction that had already affected the residence. The interior rooms are covered with elegant eighteenth-century decorations that adorn the ceilings, the spacious halls and the vestibules with medallions, cherubs and representations of the virtues: prudence, justice, temperance and fortress. The representative room gathers the family coats of arms linked to the Schizzi counts. In the second half of the nineteenth century the villa passed to the noble Mina family, who dedicated themselves to a careful restoration of the sumptuous residence and in 1875 they became a Mina. of the Scala. Inherited by the Duglas-Scotti, the palace is today an important tourist-cultural destination that can be visited, home to major events and private receptions.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp