Loquis: Palazzo Terni de Gregori

Download Loquis!

Palazzo Terni de Gregori

  loquis

Published on:  2018-11-14 19:22:41

  Stories of art in Lombardy

The construction of the palace began in 1698 on the initiative of Count Nicolò Maria Bondenti to exhibit the new social position just reached by the founder, who in 1682 obtained the noble title of count from the Serenissima. The building is elevated on an area previously occupied by modest buildings and a large fifteenth-century house of the Counts Premoli. The works, entrusted to the architect piacentino Giuseppe Cozzi, who later took over the architect Andrea Nono - designer of the Church of Santissima Trinità - are partially completed in 1704 when Count Bondenti moves into the building. In the following years the works proceed slowly and only in 1716 are the statues that adorn the wall towards Via Dante. After the death of the client in 1723, the building is not finished yet and in 1737 the work is definitively interrupted, leaving the right wing of the central body unfinished. The Bondenti died out in 1810 at the death of Count Luigi and the palace was inherited from the Portapuglia noble families, and then came to the Terni de 'Gregori family, which still today owns it.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp