Loquis: Chiesa di Santo Spirito e Santa Maddalena (ex)

Download Loquis!

Chiesa di Santo Spirito e Santa Maddalena (ex)

  loquis

Published on:  2018-11-14 19:22:41

  Stories of art in Lombardy

The church was built around 1522 by the friars of Santo Spirito, as a public oratory of the annexed hospice run by the religious and founded in 1277 by the noble brothers from Cremona, Alberto and Ottolino Bombelli. The project of the small temple is attributed to the Cremostino architect and sculptor Agostino De 'Fondulis, operating in several Lombard construction sites together with Donato Bramante. In 1589 the church passed to the Fathers of the third order of San Francesco, who adapted the ancient hospital to their housing and prayer needs, transforming it into a convent, of which today remains a small cloister next to the church. Demanialized in 1805, it was purchased in 1830 together with the remains of the convent, by the counts Vimercati Sanseverino to extend the boundaries of their property around the great noble palace. Deconsecrated and closed to the public, the church is still owned by the counts that enjoy the magnificent view of the church's tiburio from the garden of the building.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp