Loquis: Castello di Pandino

Download Loquis!

Castello di Pandino

  loquis

Published on:  2018-11-14 19:23:36

  Notes of art in Lombardy

The Castle, with a square plan with four corner towers, was built by Bernabò Visconti, lord of Milan, around 1355 as a dwelling for recreation and hunting. Nevertheless, in its shape does not deny the typical typology of fortified architecture, a feature accentuated by the construction of the following century, due to the need to counter the Venetian expansion. The severe masonry, surrounded by a deep ditch, is interrupted by numerous windows, ground floor and mullioned windows on the main floor and is embellished with an imposing string course. The towers are tripartite, with a single window on the first floor and a mullioned window to the other two. Inside there is a large courtyard, on the ground floor, with an arcade with pointed arches and on the upper floor a loggia punctuated by square pilasters. decorative, mainly geometric-ornamental, characterize the courtyard and all the interiors, including stables.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp