Loquis: Castel Tures Taufers

Download Loquis!

Castel Tures Taufers

  loquis

Published on:  2018-07-23 17:21:09

  Musei d’Italia

The castle stands on a promontory that forms a natural sluice, called Klapf, which geographically begins the Valle Aurina, while the village Drittelsand, located north of the castle, still belongs to the municipality of Campo Tures. Originally owned by the Lords of Taufers, the nobles and dynasties, as well as from the 1215 ministries of the bishopric church of Bressanone who erected it in the early twelfth century, was transformed into a residential house in the fifteenth-sixteenth century. After a period of decline, the castle was restored in the second post-war period by the Benedictine abbot Hieronymus Gassner, originally from Ybbsitz in Lower Austria.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp