Loquis: Museo Diocesano di Bressanone

Download Loquis!

Museo Diocesano di Bressanone

  loquis

Published on:  2018-07-23 17:21:08

  Musei d’Italia

A real jewel of the early eighteenth century, the aulic chapel, dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, is located in the west wing of the bishop's palace and is an integral part of the museum itinerary. Renovated in 1707 at the behest of Prince Bishop Kaspar Ignaz Count of Künigl, the chapel preserves in its interior, on the vault, bright frescos by the Austrian painter Kaspar Waldmann and four interesting panels depicting scenes from the life of Mary, by the same artist. The main altar is by Cristoforo Benedetti, the stucco decoration by Bernardo Pasquale, while the altarpiece is the work of Johann Georg Dominikus Graßmair.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp