Loquis: Castel Coira

Download Loquis!

Castel Coira


Published on:  2018-07-23 17:21:08

  Musei d’Italia

Construction began around 1260 on the initiative of the Prince-Bishop of Chur, Heinrch von Montfort. The core of the castle consisted of the tower, the wall and the palace. It was built to contain the expansion of the lords of Mazia (Matsch). The diocese of Chur succumbed to Mainardo II of Tirolo-Gorizia, who gave the castle in 1297 to the Mazia. In 1504 the counts Trapp took over from the extinct Mazia. To them we owe the renovation of the palace and the chapel, but also the Renaissance frescoes (including two genealogical trees) and the loggia.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android

Live the world