Loquis: Chiesa di San Gaudenzio

Download Loquis!

Chiesa di San Gaudenzio

  loquis

Published on:  2018-07-23 17:21:07

  Musei d’Italia

The current building, a national monument, is the result of an interesting overlapping of expansions from different eras. The first testimony of the church is in a document from the early years of the eleventh century. where a "cappellam" is given to the canons of s. Mary of Novara from Gualberto, bishop of Novara from 1032 to 1039. The chapel, dedicated to St. Gaudenzio, first bishop of Novara (337-417). it had a rectangular plan and occupied the area of ​​the present presbytery. The building consists of three naves bounded by two rows of columns with Gothic capitals which support pointed arches. The presbytery of the new church is frescoed by Cagnola di Novara.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp