Loquis: Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria

Download Loquis!

Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria

  loquis

Published on:  2018-10-05 13:49:00

  Discovery

Its collection comprises the greatest representation of the Umbrian School of painting, ranging from the thirteenth to the nineteenth century. In 1863, the civic paintings collection was formally named after Pietro Vannucci, but the problem of establishing an appropriate site to house the collection was not solved until 1878, when it moved into the third floor of the Palazzo dei Priori in the town centre. With the addition of acquisitions, donations and bequests, the pinacoteca became the Regia Galleria Vannucci in 1918, under the patronage of the king.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp