Loquis: vicolo del divino amore

Download Loquis!

vicolo del divino amore

  loquis

Published on:  2018-02-09 08:03:00

  Streets of Rome

The history of this alley with a strange form is closely linked to the Church of the Madonna of the divine Love that rises there, whose origins date back to the Middle Ages (the first testimony is 1131, but could also be previous). The church was originally called Santa Cecilia de Puzerato, because it was believed to have been built over the house of the saint. The church in 1525 was granted by Pope Clement the Seventh to the Confraternity of the « Materassari» and then took the name of San Biagio dei Materassari.  The alley for a while in fact it was called Vicolo dei Materassari. With the dedication of the church to the Madonna of the divine Love, which took place in 1802 by the will of Pope Pius the Seventh, the alley took the name of Vicolo del Divino Amore.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp