Loquis: via Alibert

Download Loquis!

via Alibert

  loquis

Published on:  2018-02-07 08:58:00

  Streets of Rome

His previous denomination was « Vicolo del Carciofolo all’Orco di Napoli ».He then took the name from Count Giacomo d ' Alibert, owner of a large land on site where he had created a field for the game of tennis before building a theatre.  The theatre was built by his son Antonio, inaugurated in January 1717. Purchased by Prince Alessandro Torlonia in 1847, the theatre was rebuilt by the architect Nicola Carnevali, but in 1863, it was destroyed by arson.

Download Loquis!

Available for iOS & Android


Live the world

#HeadsUp